Monday, January 31, 2011

And they lived happily ever after...

It’s been 2 weeks since the ceremony.  I have been trying to get back in the swing of normal times.
I have to admit I am a little lost without something to make or plans to finalize for the wedding.  So much free time! LOL

How did everything turn out you ask?  Well, the night before the ceremony was indeed, busy, busy, busy!  Nathan and I spend several hours at the venue putting stuff together.  And let me just add, thank goodness we got the time to because it took FOREVER and we didn’t finish everything!  Dinner with the bridal party was hectic and loud but still a good time.  I didn’t realize I picked such a busy restaurant :/  I was exhausted after a day full of stuff to do, but unfortunately still only got about 2 hours of sleep.  I didn’t get any cold feet or nerves but I did have like a million details for the wedding going through my head so there was just no clearing my head for rest, lol!
The day of wasn’t too bad once we got past the massive traffic, loud marching band, and dead trucks!  There was no down time for movies or anything like that.  I felt like the whole day I was going full speed!  I thought I was going to make it without crying, but as soon as my song came on and the doors opened for me to walk, the tears just flowed!  Amanda had stuffed a hanky down my top at the last minute and I laughed at her thinking I wouldn’t need it, but it was a life saver.  After standing with Nathan a few minutes, I retrieved it.  The look on his face when I went down the top of my dress after it was priceless!  It took a lot not to bust out laughing!
It was very emotional to say the least!  Walking down the aisle our eyes were locked on each other.  He greeted me with a HUGE smile and told me about how beautiful I was and the dress was perfect for me.  He looked like he could cry, but held himself together.  We both wrote our own vows and his were really sweet.  I don’t really remember much else besides the kiss.  I couldn’t tell you who was at the ceremony or where anyone sat.  It was completely intimate between me and Nathan which I really liked.  I am still waiting on the wedding video Nathan’s parents taped.  After I watch it I will be sure to give props to our officiant, John J
After the ceremony, us and the wedding party freezed outside for a few outdoor pictures.  Thanks guys for putting up with it.  The outside pictures turned out really nice.  We took some pictures downstairs and stuffed our faces with appetizers before heading back for dinner!  Dinner was good and I hope everyone else felt the same.  I know we sorta delayed it so it sat for awhile on the warmers. 
The rest of the night was fun.  There was plenty of dancing which was a pleasant surprise for me.  I thought no one would dance so…  It was nice to be able to see everyone and some friends I had not seen in a while.  It was very pleasant and no drama which was a HUGE relief.  All that stressing for nothing. 
Thank you to everyone that showed up and put on nice clothes and a happy face to celebrate with us!  It means a lot to us that you were there to share in our very special day.
Our best man added that we looked like that happiest people in the world on our wedding day!  I felt that same way!  I couldn’t be more happier to be Mrs. Ford.  It’s my secret little drug when Nathan calls me ‘wife’.  My face lights up like the 4th of July! 
Don’t forget about the honeymoon!  It was a lot fun!  We got upgraded for free to the penthouse 51st floor and our room had an awesome view of the strip!  We had a huge bathtub that we both could fit in together that we took full advantage of!  We got to Vegas late Sunday night and stayed up most of the night exploring.  We started walking the strip early Monday.  There was so much to see.  We got wore out fast though.  The time change and the massive amount of walking took its toll.  We decided after all day walking on Monday, we would get the shuttle bus pass for the remainder of the week.  We saw all of the free shows like the Bellagio fountains, Mirage volcano, and Treasure Island dueling pirate ships.  We saw the V the Variety Show.  It was a show with a lot of different types of acts.  Nathan got called on stage to ‘volunteer’, they joked with him (and rubbed his nipples) but he was a good sport and it was hilarious!  We also had dinner at Excalibur and saw a joust.  We visited the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop from the TV show Pawn Stars.  We got to go to the grand canyon on Wednesday.  It was SO beautiful but the bus ride was so long!  By Thursday we were both so ready to go home, plus Nathan was sick L We still tried to make the best of our time left and made it to Friday night.  We were happy to be home on Saturday and headed straight to the immediate care.  We were both sick, sick, sick.  Not the best way to end a honeymoon but it was a nice vacation.  Las Vegas is definitely one of those places you should only go to visit for a max of 3 days.
The honeymoon was fun but definitely tiring and a little stressful since we didn’t know where we were going or had any kind of plan. 
Now that things have settled down, we have been enjoying the married life.  Nathan is so sweet.  He gets so excited to tell everyone that I am his wife.  He is always saying I love you, wife!  It makes me smile!  He is more excited than I ever thought he would be.  He is not the type that usually shows his excitement.  But I am loving every minute of it!  Nathan’s mother has also been busy at work telling everyone that I just got married to her son.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. ha glad my daughter didn't go you didn't deserve her there any way now look at you she says shes doen't love you anymore cause she knows you r mad cause i would not let her go to wedding besides me and gary agreed he took my feelings in consideration havn't had a problem co-parenting with him since then. we take each otherss feelings considerations and whats best for ri