Tuesday, October 26, 2010

THE Dress!

My Life Ain't Always Beautiful...
But It’s a Beautiful Ride!


Ok, SOOO much stuff has happened over this weekend!  SOOO much stuff yet to take care of!  First things first, we officially set a date!  January 15th, 2011 I will officially be Mrs. Nathaniel Ford!!!!  And, yes, I must be crazy.  I am going to plan the most beautiful wedding ever in 2 1/2 months!  Yikes! 

Recap of the weekend...
Thursday, I asked Amanda Masterson to be my Maid of Honor and of course, she said yes!  Well, actually, she screamed at the top of her lungs, "yes, yes, yes, I am soooooo excited!!!"  Then, she called back to tell me about everything she had been thinking about for the wedding! :) Gotta love Mandy, she was helping long before I asked!
Friday, I went dress hunting for the first time with Natalie and Nicole, Nathan's sisters.  We went to several places.  I found a trunk dress I liked at Sofia's in Greenwood, and also fell in love with 2 pricy dresses at David's Bridal.  I decided to sleep on it since it was my first time out and I was defiantly having sticker shock!  I did ask Natalie to be my bridesmaid and complete my side of the wedding party.  She accepted also!
Saturday morning, bright and early, I made my way out to meet Amanda for a second go at the dress shopping.  I woke up a little, ok, a lot late, so I am speeding to get to her on time...  Well, I got pulled over!  The cop comes to the window says, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" 
"Yes" I said. "Speeding"
"Do you know how fast you were going?" he quizzed me.
"Not sure"
"70 in a 55.  Is there some reason why you were going so fast?" he asked.
"Well, I am getting married in 2 months and I made an appointment to look at dresses and I am late.  I want to be able to find something in time!" I told him.
So, the cop takes my info back to his car and I am freaking out, thinking there goes $150 of my dress budget.  The cop come back to my window, and with me feeling total defeated, he says, "On behalf of the police department, I would like to present you with a wedding gift of a warning!"  he smiles, handles me my stuff and says, "good luck on that dress shopping!"
OMG!  Did that just really happen?  So awesome and what a great story! :)

Anyway, back to the dress hunting.  I meet up with Amanda and we check out a small place in Brownsburg, we hit David's in Castleton so I can show her the ones I liked.  I didn't have the same love today as yesterday.  Good thing I slept on it!  I tried on a few others with no real love for any.  We then headed to the Bridal Superstore.  I chose my allotted 5 'first' dresses to try on.  The last one I tried I asked if she could ask the seamstress about if it would hem well.  She bring back the lady, she looks over it, and says, "did she try on that petite sample dress in clearance?" Then she heads down an aisle of dressed. 
The consultant helping says, "but that will be too small, it is 4 sizes down!"
"Have her try anyway, we can see what can be done.  I think it will fit length wise and save her some money on the hem."
So she hands me this lacy, beaded grown that is beautiful!  Inside I am thinking, yeah like this will fit!  I put it over my head and can get it on!  I asked to be zipped and yes it is zipping, almost all the way up!!!  I come out of the fitting room and take a look.  It is the perfect length!  It is gorgeous dress!  I ask again about alterations and if it could be made bigger in the bust to fit.  She tells me they can add a corset back instead of the zipper, no problem!  Tears start to well up as I am thinking about my wedding day, I can see myself walking towards Nathan in this dress!  IT IS THE ONE!  It was like it was made just for me!  And by some miracle a dress 4 sizes too small fits almost perfect!
You would be amazed what looking at a dress the right size does!  It is sooo hard to imagine what you will look like in something that is 2 feet too long!  I brought my dress, THE DRESS, on Saturday!!  One of my hugest worries is done! 

Sunday, me, Nathan and Amanda went to our first Bridal Show.  Me and Nathan got Bride and Groom stickers which definitely put you in that "I am getting married" kind of mindset!  It was cool to be able to try cakes and talk with ALL KINDS of venues all in one place!  I felt like I got more done in those few hours than I have in the past week!

Now it is time for crunch time!!  Wedding invites have to be taken care of ASAP!!!  Photographer, cake and flowers are a must!  Tuxes must be ordered!  Oh, yea, and Nathan MUST decide on his Groomsmen, NOW!!!!  He is afraid of hurting peoples feelings but we are seriously running out of time here!

What a busy weekend!  I got like NO sleep!  Time to start the week all over again.  We have some serious decisions to make this week too.  This wedding stuff is stressful, but I know I am marrying my best friend and cannot wait!  Nathan has been soooo sweet lately too!  When deciding on the date, he said, "it does not matter to me as long as I am marrying you on one of those days, the sooner the better!"  <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment