Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Venues

My Life Ain't Always Beautiful...
But Its a Beautiful Ride!

Ok, as stated in the prior entry, both the free barn and water venue are out.  I don't want to stress myself and my funds to the bone trying to make the free barn suitable.  The water wedding idea just was not for me.  It was not anything close to what I dreamed my wedding would be like, so scratch that!

Starting fresh was defiantly difficult.  We don't want to spend our whole live savings on the night that officially starts our life together.  Venues are SUPER expensive.  Then on top of that, they are picky!  You can't do this, you have to do this, you must pay for that.  OMG!  Things you never think of when you are DREAMING about your wedding!  I felt like I was hitting a brick wall of 'nothing is going to work'.  Then, finally, I started to get creative!  I have found some places but, at this point, I am still sorting...

I have a catering taste testing tonight at Jonathan Byrd's and future sister-in-law, Natalie, will be going with me.  Nathan had to work so...  Hope it goes well.  I don't think I am going with this company or their venue, but I heard it is a good thing to try a few places so you know what is out there and how to compare.  So, worse thing is that we get a free meal! :) Can't complain! LOL

Nathan and I are going to check out 2 venues on Friday.  One is a complete inclusive venue (Valle Vista) and the other is just a venue (Winchester Place).  Again, not sure what I want so trying to keep an open mind at this point.  I did find a 3rd possible location that I am super excited about.  I think it might be the ONE! (Keeping this one a secret for now!)  But it is booked out for all of next week so I have to wait a little while on that one.

Nathan also asked if we could move the date up.  Umm, super stressed!  After our trip to Evansville last weekend, we found out my Dad is not doing so great.  Nathan really thinks we should move it up so that it is at a time when he is still in Good health and can actually WALK me down the aisle.  IDK!  I am freaking out as it stands right now!  I think the only thing I could not rush is the dress.  I mean, I am not the normal girl.  I am 4'8 and not sure what, if anything, at a store will look good.  I have not been dress shopping as of yet, but I know it will not be any walk in the park.  Leaving this discussion open for now...

I am just hoping to get the ball rolling and soon.  I NEED to CHOOSE the venue, like yesterday!  I need to announce my bridal party ASAP so I can get some help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment